Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

duggy
Advocate II
Advocate II

Setting the date slicer for between option to the current date

Hi,

I have a date slicer (as below image) and I need the end date to result in the current date when the user opens the page (I have the graph embedded in an asp .NET site). At the moment it seems to always show as the date that I select when I save the PBIX and upload it to powerbi.

Capture.JPG

Much apprecited.

6 REPLIES 6
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @duggy ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @duggy ,

How about put a Relative Date Filtering as all page filter like following picture? Then the slicer should apply the filter and you can put a bookmark to clear the filter.

8.PNG

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Hi @duggy FYI @v-lid-msft 

Can you please share the pbix file? the link is broken. 

This sounds like it could be what I am looking for. Will the slicer "reset" when the person loads the page again?

So if they go to another webpage and then return to this page, it will reset to the current date as a result of the relative filtering?

@duggy wrote:

This sounds like it could be what I am looking for. Will the slicer "reset" when the person loads the page again?

So if they go to another webpage and then return to this page, it will reset to the current date as a result of the relative filtering?

Depends on your setting. If you have the PBIX file set to not allow users to save filters, it will reset to what you had it at when you published, along with any relative filters. If you allow them to save filters in the report, it will always be what they left it at the last time, assuming that is possible. For example, if the relative filter is set to last month (and it is a 3 month report) that would be Sept. But if they don't look at the report again until December, then it cannot show Sept as that is invalid.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
edhans
Super User
Super User

You cannot cause the slicer selection to dynamically change when a user loads it that I am aware of. It will typically remember their last selection unless:

• They have reset filters and cleared it, so they get what you set
  • You have blocked the end user's ability to save filters, so they always see what you set when they open it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.