Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RachC
Helper I
Helper I

Setting the Default Value of a Slicer

I want to set default filter of this week to slicer.However ,every answer use the option list.(i.e. if(weeknum(now())=weeknum([mydate]),"current week",[mydate]).

I selected the bar and choose start date with end date  to  filter date.On the previous way it's work on option-list but not on bar. 

any ideas?

7 REPLIES 7
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you try explaining this again, I'm not getting what your issue is. Not sure what "on bar" refers to for example.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

bar.png

set "between" to slicer.

I didn't use language of English in Power BI that I can't refer to Proper nouns accurately.

Hi @RachC,

Have you resolved your problem? 

Best Regards,
Angelia

umm..sadly it's not.

I try to make m code to implement my goal.

Hi @RachC

What's your problem, please feel free to ask. Based on my understanding, you create a slicer with a bar like the picture you posted. You can select the date scope in the slicer.

Best Regards,
Angelia

I just found this post in google. I think @RachC is looking for the same thing than me, how to pass dynamically a value to the slicer. For example, I would like the bar slicer goes from 01/01/2017 (1st day of current year) to today, all this dynamically. 

Kr,
Manuel

Hi @RachC,

You picture is bar slicer rether  than list. You can drag the ending button to adjust your date range. What's your requirement? Could you please descirbe clearly? Or you have resolved your issue by youself? If it is, please share the solution or mark the corresponding reply as answer.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.