Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mrtn
Helper I
Helper I

Setting a minimum number of rows when grouping, combined with time slicer

Hi!

I have grouped data, and want to plot the average for each group. For a given group, I do not want to plot the average if the number of rows is less than a given value, say 100. 

In addition, I want to use a time slicer, such that the user is able to update the plot for a given time range.  Using summarizecolumns() hence does not work, as it outputs a static table. 

My data has three columns, 1) Timestamp 2) Value 3) Group. The number of groups is high, such that manual operations should be avoided. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrtn

Let me confirm your requirements:

For example:

For group a, it's "value" field has 40 rows (less than 100), so we don't plot the average of group a.

Right?

Best Regards

Maggie

Hi again, 

I think the issue could be resolved by changing the ouput of the summarizecolumns columns command to be a non-static table. I believe this could have other uses as well. 

@v-juanli-msft 

Regards, 

Morten 

@v-juanli-msft, you are correct.

I do not want to plot the averages when the number of rows is less than say 100, as I think the estimates will be too noisy. I may want to use the same logic when plotting standard deviations or other statistical measures. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.