Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ishan167
Helper I
Helper I

Setting a default image in the image visual when no selection is made

Hi,

I am using the image visual currently to display some logos. When I make a particular selection, the visual works fine. But when I don't make any selections, one particular logo is displayed by default. Is there a way to display a specified image when no selection has been made?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ishan167 ,

Which visual are you using?

If the visual supports to use Measure as value field, try these:

Measure 1 = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Image])  -------support single selection and if nothing is selected, show blank.
Measure 2 = IF(ISFILETER('Table'[YourSlicerValue]),MAX('Table'[Image])) -----support multiple selections

If the visual doesn't support to use Measure as value field, try to use a card to cover it. Here is an example:

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-or-hide-a-power-bi-visual-based-on-selection/

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ishan167 ,

Which visual are you using?

If the visual supports to use Measure as value field, try these:

Measure 1 = SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Image])  -------support single selection and if nothing is selected, show blank.
Measure 2 = IF(ISFILETER('Table'[YourSlicerValue]),MAX('Table'[Image])) -----support multiple selections

If the visual doesn't support to use Measure as value field, try to use a card to cover it. Here is an example:

https://exceleratorbi.com.au/show-or-hide-a-power-bi-visual-based-on-selection/

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@Icey Thanks for the solutuion. I am using the ImageViewer Visual which is supporting measures and your solution worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors