Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SClarke501
Frequent Visitor

Set value on last date for all rows

I have a set of data that looks similar to this:

DateTypeCumulative Target

Delivered

10/04/2021

Pipe3030
11/04/2021Pipe3332
12/04/2021Pipe4241

I'm trying to show this data in a line graph where I want the overall total target for the end of the year as a straight line, like a target line. I'm also going to use the total target to subtract the current delivered at each date to have a burndown of how many are left.

i.e. at the latest date (12/04/2021) the cumulative target is 42, so I want 42 to be a constant straight line across the graph. However I can't get it to display without having it break down into each date. I've created a measure using:

CALCULATE(MAX(Table[Cumulative Target]), Table[Date] = DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),12,31))

But this is 0 for all dates and just gives me a dot at the end of the year with the total targeted. I can't use this for a target line or to subtract the deliveries from etc.

Is there a way to have my measure just calcualate the value at that date and then store that value as a variable, not tied to any date? Or can I add a new column to my table somehow that shows the max on every row for subtraction? e.g.

DateTypeCumulative TargetDeliveredMax Target

10/04/2021

Pipe303042
11/04/2021Pipe333242
12/04/2021Pipe424142

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SClarke501 ,

Max Target will be

=

var _max = maxx(allselected(Table), Table[Date])

return

calculate(Max(Table[Cumulative Target]), Filter(allselected(Table) , Table[Date] = _max))

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

If you a certain type, the figures in the cumulative type column are always in ascending order (as sorted by Date), then this measure will work

Measure 1 = calculate(max(Data[cumulative type]),all(Calendar[Date]))  

My assumption is that cumulative type is a column in the Data Table (and not a measure).

Ensure that there is a Calendar Table.  There should be a relationship between the Date column of the Data Table to the Date column of the Calendar Table.  To your visual, drag Date from the Calendar Table.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @SClarke501 ,

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Create measure.

Measure =
MAXX(ALL('Table'),[Cumulative Target])
Measure 2 =
[Measure] - MAX('Table'[Cumulative Target])

2. Result:

vyangliumsft_0-1664160121924.png

If this method does not meet your needs, you can provide us with your special sample data and the desired output sample data in the form of tables, so that we can better help you solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SClarke501 ,

Max Target will be

=

var _max = maxx(allselected(Table), Table[Date])

return

calculate(Max(Table[Cumulative Target]), Filter(allselected(Table) , Table[Date] = _max))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.