Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GilesWalker
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Set up a tile with last refresh date and time

Hi everyone,

I was watching a video from Will Thompson and he mentioned a work around for showing the date of refresh, however he didnt show how he did it. He are the steps:

In the desktop PBI click on get data and select Blank Query. This will open up the Query editor. On the right hand side change the Name from Query1 to Last refresh date. In the formula bar enter the below code:

= DateTime.Time(DateTime.LocalNow()) & DateTime.Date(DateTime.LocalNow())

Click close and apply.

You will notice on your fields tab you will have a new item named Last refresh date. You now need to enter in a measure:

Last refresh on = "Last refreshed on: " & FIRSTDATE('Last refresh date'[Last refresh date])

No click on the card visual and insert the new measure Last refresh on.

You can now see when the dashboard was last refreshed and what time it was done.

Thanks,

Giles

22 REPLIES 22

Thanks @GilesWalker

This is a great tip to create the last refreshed date. I have a quick question, though. My refresh date tile does not seem to refresh when I refresh data on other tables. I have to click Refresh Data on this table to get the date stamp.  I am wondering if there is a quick way to link the two so that it will automatically refresh the date whenever I refresh data on other tables?

Thanks;

Andrew

@AndrewDang Not that I can see. Due to the query for the timestamp being a stand alone item it appears to act like a table, therefore it needs refreshing individually.

I found a fix to make the time displayed account for +/- GMT.

= DateTimeZone.ToLocal(DateTime.AddZone(DateTime.LocalNow(),-10))

The -10 is there because I am actually +10 GMT/UTC time however when I put in 10 it gave me a future date. Essentially if you are positive GMT/UTC put a negative number and vice versa.

Thanks,

Giles

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.