Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set the date slicer to be the most current date

I have a date slicer (please see below). I would like to always have the most recent date selected. So when the user opens the dashboard, the slicer must be filtered with the most recent date. At this time, it should have January 2020 selected, but when the data refreshes at the end of this month, it must have February 2020 selected. This must be done automatically, any thoughts how this could be achieved?

5 REPLIES 5
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

You could try to use slicer ->relative date to see whether it work or not.

590.PNG

You could create a calendar table for slicer , then set it like below to see whether it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This works, but then I can't see all my other dates as it only shows the one within 30 days and not my dates from 2018 and 2019.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

If possible , could you explain this to me in details? Did you mean you want to show last 30 days based on today? Or other requirement? Could you please inform me your expected output? Then I will help you more correctly.

Please do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you share some screenshots on how is the current date slicer look and what is the intended functionality?

I also found an article below that helps in achieveing this:

https://businessintelligist.com/2016/04/15/power-bi-tutorial-dynamically-update-date-slicer-to-show-current-date/

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

This thread sounds similar to what you're looking to achieve:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Setting-the-Default-Value-of-a-Slicer/td-p/16442

Thanks,

Andy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.