Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mekaelj
Helper II
Helper II

Set slicer to not filter one value in graph

Hi,

I have slicers on several different product groups where I can filter exactly which product groups I want included in my graphs. Then I have a graph showing the average sales price for the filtered product as the Y-axis and the Revenue as the X-axis. The information is then showed by each customer, showing their average sales price as well as revenue for the product.

What I'm wondering is, is there any way that I can have my slicers filter the average sales price for the customers, but keep the revenue unfiltered? This would give me the total revenue for each customer instead, rather than just the revenue of the currently selected product.

Thanks!Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@mekaelj wrote:

Hi,

I have slicers on several different product groups where I can filter exactly which product groups I want included in my graphs. Then I have a graph showing the average sales price for the filtered product as the Y-axis and the Revenue as the X-axis. The information is then showed by each customer, showing their average sales price as well as revenue for the product.

What I'm wondering is, is there any way that I can have my slicers filter the average sales price for the customers, but keep the revenue unfiltered? This would give me the total revenue for each customer instead, rather than just the revenue of the currently selected product.

@mekaelj

It sounds like you're looking for ALL or ALLSELECTED. Could you post any sample data and expected output?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@mekaelj wrote:

Hi,

@mekaelj

It sounds like you're looking for ALL or ALLSELECTED. Could you post any sample data and expected output?

Hi again @Eric_Zhang,

Figured out how to use the all function and it worked perfectly. I just used =calculate(revenue);all(the table that was used to filter the graph)

Thanks!

@Eric_Zhang Hi Eric and thanks for your reply. I think from the sound of these functions they might do what I want them to do. I can't post the data as it's confidential information, but the situation is as follows:

I have a table where I have my gross sales, and then another table where I have discounts. I've made the following calculation to get the actual sales:

Revenue = SUM(sales[GrossSales]) - SUM(Sales[Discounts])

I have also made the following calulation to get the average sales price:

ASP Actualrate = DIVIDE([Revenue];[Volume])

Now what I want is for the revenue measure to remain unfiltered but have the ASP still filtered by my slicers. I assume the ALL function would be the function to use but I don't know how to make it work. Any guidance?

Cheers!

Powell360
Helper I
Helper I

Have you considered creating a new column to store the overall customer revenue per customer and show that? It will be a rough cut solution as you will have repeated data but it will fill the hole. 

Hi @Powell360, thanks for your reply.

Won't that still get filtered by my slicers if I were to do that?

Cheers,

It depends on your table structure but it wouldn't if it looks the way it looks in my head haha! Can you send an example of your data as well as any relevant transformations please? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.