cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Torell
Frequent Visitor

Set sclicer to automatically select the newest version

Hi Community,

i have a report with releasenotes. I can control the different versions with a slicer.

This slicer should select the newest version WITHOUT SINGLE SELECT ACTIVATED.

Manually i could preselect the newest Version and save the report but here is the tricky

part. The Report is autorefreshing from googlesheets and looses its preselection with a new

Version coming in.

Is there any measure or option to tell powerbi to select the newest Version indipended from the

feed and with no manual handling?

Cheers,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Torell 

According to your description,I think you can create a bookmark with the new version of slicer,It can be viewed at any time without switching the slicer.

Reference:Use bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Torell 

According to your description,I think you can create a bookmark with the new version of slicer,It can be viewed at any time without switching the slicer.

Reference:Use bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards

Janey Guo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

parry2k
Super User III
Super User III

@Torell unfortunately there is no way to set the default value for the slicer. I think there is an idea for it and you should vote for it.

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals to get a summary of my favourite Power BI feature releases in 2020

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors