Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chak
Regular Visitor

Set end date of one date range filter as the start date of another ranger date filter

Hello,

This is my need : I have two reports (tables) filtered each one with a separate date range filter, I need to filter the second table with its date filter with a start date as the end date of the first date range filter of the first table.

Is it possible to do this ? If yes, please can you tell how ?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @chak,

If there are two separate date range slicers  which are related for each table visual, and what you want is to set the end date of the first slicer as the start date of second slicer, so that the start of second slicer is specified automatically without selecting manually, it is not possible to achieve such a requirement.

What we can achieve right now is as below. 

Create a calendar table which is related to first table. Add date field from calendar table into slicer. And add date from second table into slicer. The report looks like:

1.PNG

2.PNG

Now, you should create measures:

End date of selected date range = MAX('Dim Dates'[Date])

flag = IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Tab_2[Date])>=[End date of selected date range],1,0)

Add above [flag] measure into visual level filters for second table visual, and set its value to 1.

3.PNG4.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you a lot Yuliana.

May be Power BI will allow in the furutre to inject DAX or something like that to the date slicers. 

I tried your suggestion but it doesn't do exactly what I want.

This the result that I want. (when I change the end date T1 it will automaticly change the start date T2)

Sans titre.png

thx again,

Chak

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.