Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Poisedon
Frequent Visitor

Set duplicate rows to 0 (NOT DELETE)

Hi all,

In query editor i have a table like this

Namefile        Value           

a.xml              12

a.xml              12

a.xml              12

b.xml               8

c.xml               5

c.xml               5

I need to set to 0 all duplicate values for each file so it is more comfortable after applying query for my calculations. I CAN'T DELETE DUPLICATES BECAUSE I HAVE OTHER COLUMNS WITH DATA FOR EACH FILE SO DON'T TELL ME THIS SOLUTION. Thanks.

Final output must be:

Namefile        Value           

a.xml              12

a.xml               0

a.xml               0

b.xml               8

c.xml               5

c.xml               0

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

language version should not have any impact

this is the easiest way to do it

1) right click your original query, click Reference

2) go to the newly created query, go to Advanced Editor
3) remove last 2 rows

4) add "," to the last row in the code

5) paste this code below the existing one

#"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(Source, "Index", 0, 1),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Added Index", {"Namefile", "Value"}, {{"Index", each List.Min([Index]), type number}}),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Added Index",{"Namefile", "Index"},#"Grouped Rows",{"Namefile", "Index"},"Grouped Rows",JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Grouped Rows" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Grouped Rows", {"Value"}, {"NewValue"}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Expanded Grouped Rows",{"Index"}),
    #"Sorted Rows" = Table.Sort(#"Removed Columns",{{"Namefile", Order.Ascending}})
in
    #"Sorted Rows"

what happends conceptually is following:
1) add index to table

2) group by Filename and Value with Index aggergated as MIN
3) reference the original query and merge with the grouped one on all 3 columns (this will require changing the code in the formula bar, as it is referencing step within same query)
4) expand the value column

5) remove index

6) sort by filename

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

try this (replace source)

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WSlTSUTI0UorVwcVMAjItwKxkIMsUmRULAA==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Namefile = _t, Value = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Namefile", type text}, {"Value", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Changed Type", "Index", 0, 1),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Added Index", {"Namefile", "Value"}, {{"Index", each List.Min([Index]), type number}}),
    #"Merged Queries" = Table.NestedJoin(#"Added Index",{"Namefile", "Index"},#"Grouped Rows",{"Namefile", "Index"},"Grouped Rows",JoinKind.LeftOuter),
    #"Expanded Grouped Rows" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Merged Queries", "Grouped Rows", {"Value"}, {"NewValue"}),
in
    #"Sorted Rows"

i can't replace source, there are so much code, maybe if you want i can give u my code with columns we're speaking about

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

add a new query, then replace the Table with the name of your source table
the code does assume that the columns in question are named "Namefile" and "Value"

let
    Source = Table,
in
    #"Sorted Rows"

i have so many codes before this, i tried to copy this after all, but not worked, maybe because mine is in italian?
Can't u tell me step by step what to do without write code?

Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

language version should not have any impact

this is the easiest way to do it

1) right click your original query, click Reference

2) go to the newly created query, go to Advanced Editor
3) remove last 2 rows

4) add "," to the last row in the code

5) paste this code below the existing one

in
    #"Sorted Rows"

what happends conceptually is following:
1) add index to table

2) group by Filename and Value with Index aggergated as MIN
3) reference the original query and merge with the grouped one on all 3 columns (this will require changing the code in the formula bar, as it is referencing step within same query)
4) expand the value column

5) remove index

6) sort by filename

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.