Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set default value of a slicer in Power BI

Hello,

I have a slicer with 3 categories, and I need that one is always selected by default ("Name") and only one more can be selected ("Surname" of "Age")?

FinYui8_0-1659532343093.png

Can someone help me?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
liuqi_pbi
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @Anonymous 

The current slicer doesn't have such option settings to meet your requirement. You might need to think of other workarounds or redesign the expected output. 

AntonioM
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'm not sure you can have that in one slicer. Something you could try is to create a new table

Slicer Option

Slicer Values

Surname

Name
SurnameSurname
AgeName
AgeAge

Link 'Slicer Values' to whichever column you had previously in the slicer. The link will likely be many-to-many, which will be ok (you could change the filter direction to single but it might not be any trouble).

Then use 'Slicer Option' in the slicer. You can restrict the new slicer to single selection, so now Name will always be filtered along with one of Surname or Age, whichever is chosen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.