Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set default dates in date slicer range

Hi there, I have a data set with a date range between July 2012 and today (I'm daily refreshing the data set).

I want my users to have a date slicer that shows the full date range (2012 - today) but the default start date should be on the 1st of May 2019 and the default end date should be the newest available data.

4 REPLIES 4
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. In Power BI Desktop, set the value of the slicer to the value you want and publish the report to Service.

aaa1.PNG

2. In Power BI Service, the slicer value is now the default value. After you adjust the slicer, you can use the "Reset to default" button to restore the settings.

aaa2.PNG

About refresh:

As tested, Even if the date is refreshed daily, the date range on the slicer always stays (5/1 / 2019-today).

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi amitchandak, thanks for your reply!

I've already seen the second and third link and they don't solve my problem.

The first link refers to a JavaScript solution in case I'd want to embedd my report which is not the case here.

Any other hints?

Hi, 

I have a same business requirement, set default dates in date slicer range,  I use the way below your post, but the user say still not default date range in his side, I am wondering if you solve this question,  how to solve it, thanks . 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.