Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Set axis values dinamically

Hi everyone, Is there a way to change the values of an axis dynamically e.g. with a slicer? This would enable a user to easily change the range of an axis, instead of entering new values in the 'Start' or 'End' box. Thanks for your suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the delay.

I may misundertood your requirement before.

However, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve your requirement currently in power bi by my tests and research.

You could vote this similar idea which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are several ways for us to achieve that based on slicer.

Please refer to the links below.

https://radacad.com/dynamic-x-axis-on-charts-power-bi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-OWNaCUU0o

Similar thread

If you still need help, please share your data sample and your desired output so that we could help further on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cherry, thanks for your suggestions, however they do not provide a solution for my example.
Basically, I am looking for a way to create slider which controls the value in the End box. For example, the value in the slider is set to 900 and the value 900 is automatically placed in the End box.

Slider.JPG

Bet regards,

Anton

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can Achieve this using Parameter (What-If-Paramter) where your axis changes as per ranges changes by user in slicer using this parameter.

You can follow the step like below and change as per your needs.Sol.PNGUser Selects 10 to 40 range with the scale of 5User Selects 10 to 40 range with the scale of 5User selects 20 to 50 ranges with scale of 5User selects 20 to 50 ranges with scale of 5

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Tahreem24 ,

Thanks for your suggestion. It is still not clear to me how the value in the parameter will affect the x-axis.  What I would like to achieve in the scatter plot below, is to set the x-axis to a lower value than 16 mlns.

ScatterPlot.JPG

Of course I can do that by changing the value in the 'X axis' settings pane from 16 mlns to a lower value. But I am looking for a solution where an less experienced end user can change the value for the x-axis from a slider, and not by going into the  X-axis settings pane to change it.

AxisSettingsPane.JPG

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Best wishes,

Anton

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for the delay.

I may misundertood your requirement before.

However, I'm afraid that we cannot achieve your requirement currently in power bi by my tests and research.

You could vote this similar idea which has been submitted in Power BI ideas forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Cherry,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Best regards,

Anton

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.