Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vaillo
Frequent Visitor

Set Due Date based on working days

Hi everyone, 

I need to calculate a Due Date column based on a given date and working days. 

I am working with tickets issue in a given date-time that have to be completed before a due date based on different OLAs. I am having issues trying to calculate the Due Date for those tickets with OLAs 1, 3, 5 and 7 working days.

As an example, if I am getting a tickets issued on Wednesday 25/07/2018 11:00 with an OLA of 3 working days, it has to be completed by Monday 30/07/2018 17:00 (Close of business hours).

I have seen several post about counting working days between two dates based on a date table, but I don't know how to apply the same logic to get the Due Date column based on a fix number of working days. 

Hope you can guide me to the right solution. 

Much appreciated.

Vaillo

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vaillo,

I'd like to suggest you use countrows with calendar functions to create variable calendar table to calculate working days.

Calculate column sample:

working days except weekend =
VAR endDate =
    IF ( Table[End] <> BLANK (), Table[End], TODAY () )
VAR _calendar =
    FILTER ( CALENDAR ( Table[Start], endDate ), WEEKDAY ( [Date], 2 ) <= 5 ) //calendar wihtout weekend
VAR _holidayList =
    VALUES ( Holiday[Date] ) //holiday date list
RETURN
    IF (
        COUNTROWS ( _holidayList ) > 0,
        COUNTROWS ( EXCEPT ( _calendar, _holidayList ) ),
        COUNTROWS ( _calendar )
    )

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for your answer.

That's not exactly what I am looking for. You are calculating the number of working days based in an end date. I need to do the opposite, calculate the end date based on the number of working days.

My scenario is the following: I get jobs issued with different OLAs (1, 3, 5 or 7 working days), so I need to calculate the date when the jobs are due to organise the workforce to meet as many OLAs as possible. So I need to create a calculation that given the date the job was issued and the number of working days of its OLA, I could get the date the job is due:

Due Date = fx ( Date issued, Number of working Days)

Best regards, 

Vaillo

hi 

actually i was looking the same thing . i wanted to caculate the due date based in working days.

Hi @Vaillo,

So you mean you want to calculate max deadline based on current date and working days?

If this is a case, you can try to use below formula:

Max available deadline =
VAR _workingDays = xxxx
VAR _nonWorkingDays =
    COUNTROWS (
        FILTER (
            CALENDAR ( Table[Start], Table[Start] + _workingDays ),
            WEEKDAY ( [Date], 2 ) > 5
        )
    )
RETURN
    Table[Start] + _workingDays
        + _nonWorkingDays

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
parry2k
Super User
Super User

are you working days mon-fri?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Yes, and I have to take into account public holidays as well (by state), so I have a date table with the working days. The issue is that I don't know how to use the table to be able to count 1,3,5 or 7 business dates to get the Due Date I need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.