Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

ServiceNow Real Time

Dear All,

I need to connect Power BI Desktop to ServiceNow so my questions are :

- Is there any connector to do this?

- Is it a Real Time connection?

- What are the requierments for this

12 REPLIES 12
khrystyna_s

Hi! Did you try a PowerBi connector for ServiceNow by Alpha Serve? 

khrystyna_s

Hi! Did you try a PowerBi connector for ServiceNow by Alpha Serve? 

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello

Yes, there is a connector for this: https://store.servicenow.com/sn_appstore_store.do#!/store/application/87a42573879e0110fb5033773cbb35...
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

As mentioned by  @v-yuezhe-msft in this thread , there are several methods for you connecting to ServiceNow in Power BI.
1. Connect to ServiceNow content pack directly in Power BI Service. You can review the tutorial here.
2. Connect to ServiceNow via PBIT file in Power BI Desktop, then publish the PBIX file to Power BI Service。
3. Connect to ServiceNow using ODBC connector in Power BI Desktop, for  more details, please review this blog.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Unfortunately the PBIT file load no data. Can you provide me some help?

Thank  you

Kind regards

Marta

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-easonf-msft 

thanks for your reply but I can't access to your  PBIT file 

Can You check the link or send it please ?

Hi , @Anonymous 

Sorry, it ’s my fault not to check that the link has expired.

Please check the new  link ServiceNow_parameters 

About how to use or set up the custom connector, you can take a look at this blog.       

For more details ,please refer to post  in this  issue .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak ,

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/explore-your-servicenow-data-with-power-bi/

For this link , I think it was working in the past but now no , i search for the services in the content,but nothing

Did you try it?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous hope this post helps.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/explore-your-servicenow-data-with-power-bi/

For this link , I think it was working in the past but now no , i search for the services in the content,but nothing

Did you try it?

@Anonymous maybe you want to use RestAPI that is available from servicenow.

https://docs.servicenow.com/bundle/orlando-application-development/page/build/applications/concept/api-rest.html

How to call RestAPI in Power BI, check link below:

https://www.poweredsolutions.co/2017/01/24/connecting-to-apis-with-power-bi-power-query-part-1-of-2/

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.