Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hello_MTC
Helper III
Helper III

Server change for same existing report

Hello guys,

I have created visualization in Power Bi desktop with the connection of MySQL workbench. 

I want all the pages, tiles and filters unchanged if I want to change server from MySQL. E.g., I have connected to abcd@aws.com, now I want to change the server name to pqrs@aws.com for the same visualization(report) i've created. 

All the table names, fields names are same in both the servers.

Please let me know how to do that so that I do not need to work again and again on the same visualization.

Let me know if anybody have any questions.

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

Open Power Query and then open the Advanced Editor. You can change the server details in there without changing any of the subsequent steps and all of your visuals will be unaffected

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
hello_MTC
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you.

I understood that. Is there any way to do it in a single step for all the tables? Becuase I have multiple files with with multiple tables.

I don't think so, I'm afraid it will be a manual process to do each one in each file. If you anticipate having to do it again in the future you could store the connection properties in variables and then refer to the variables within the queries, but you would still need to go through all the files manually to set that up

Ok, Your help is appriciable.

johnt75
Super User
Super User

Open Power Query and then open the Advanced Editor. You can change the server details in there without changing any of the subsequent steps and all of your visuals will be unaffected

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.