Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AshishRanjan
Employee
Employee

Sequence contains no matching element

Hi ,

All of a sudden dataset refresh from PowerBI started throwing error "Sequence contains no matching element", Same query in KUSTO running fine  and in PowerBI  desktop also till yesterday it was accepting change was refreshing. 

I am blocked as i am not able to make any change in PowerBI Dataset not its refreshing but throwing e

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
edhans
Super User
Super User

Get as much info as you can and file a bug report or post in the Issues forum. On Wednesday, Feb 10, 2021, MS released a new updated Power BI Desktop that may contain this error. You may have received it automatically if your version is through the MS Store, or you manually downloaded and installed the update.

Include as much info as possible. Your PBI desktop version, the data source, model type (Import, DQ, Live Connection), etc. Assume the support person knows nothing about your setup - because they don't. The more info the better. 😉

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
technolog
Super User
Super User

In my case, I just found one of the freshly added measures via Tabular Editor that was breaking the update. Removed it from the report. Added it again with a different name and everything worked.

Finding that measure was a matter of successively deleting measures until the update worked.

Also from the recommendations I've seen:

Check for Duplicate Elements: Ensure that the data or elements you are querying do not contain duplicates when they are not supposed to. This is often the case when you expect a unique identifier but find multiple entries with the same identifier.

AlexaderMilland
Helper III
Helper III

Did you ever find a way around this? Suddenly one of my reports does the same when trying to refresh all the tables at once. When refreshing just 1 table at a time it works fine. 

@AlexaderMilland - can you please submit a support ticket at Support | Microsoft Power BI for this? MS will need to collect some diags to see why this issue seems to have crept back up. 

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

this was fixed months ago @AlexaderMilland but yours is now the 2nd person I've seen in as many days where it has cropped back up.... 

FYI it just happened again. Same report though 😕

edhans
Super User
Super User

Thanks. I marked my post as a solution so this thread would be seen as closed. MS does check the Issues forum, so they hopefully see it in time to fix.

edhans
Super User
Super User

Get as much info as you can and file a bug report or post in the Issues forum. On Wednesday, Feb 10, 2021, MS released a new updated Power BI Desktop that may contain this error. You may have received it automatically if your version is through the MS Store, or you manually downloaded and installed the update.

Include as much info as possible. Your PBI desktop version, the data source, model type (Import, DQ, Live Connection), etc. Assume the support person knows nothing about your setup - because they don't. The more info the better. 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.