Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kstiegler
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sequence contains no matching element error - Desktop refresh works in June update but not July/Aug

I have a report that refreshes normally from Power BI Desktop when the June 2022 version is installed. However, if I update to the July 2022 or August 2022 version, refreshing from the Desktop gives me a "Sequence contains no matching element" error and the refresh fails. There are no other differences in the report, the same exact .pbix file will refresh normally on the June 2022 version but fail on the July 2022 or August 2022 version.

Will there be another August 2022 update that addresses this issue or will it be fixed in September 2022 or beyond?

4 REPLIES 4
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kstiegler ,

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly Accept it as the solution. More people will benefit from it. Or if you are still confused about it, please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This problem is still present in the September 2022 desktop update. The published reports refresh successfully in the service, and the data previews can be refreshed successfully in the Power Query Editor; however, manually refreshing the data in the main Power BI Desktop UI (not Power Query) fails.

The problem still exists in both the July 2022 and August 2022 updates, so I've rolled back my desktop installation to June 2022 and I'm waiting for the September 2022 update to see if that fixes it.

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@kstiegler,

This appears to be a known issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Report-not-refreshing-Error-Message-Sequence-contains-no/idi... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors