Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

September 2019 Update Everything looks blurred

Ive just noticed that ive moved from August Updates to September Updates and everything has gone really blurry

Blurry.JPG

Its curently unusable 

Anyone else have this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Latest from support:

Hi John,

We worked with our product team and got to know that they updated the internal browser components to a newer version in the September release, and this is causing the difference. The root cause is still being investigated. Best workaround is to install SU08 (August)

​
Alternatively, change the monitor resolution to match for all monitors (same scaling %). This only happens when moving Power BI Desktop between monitors that have a different Display Scaling %.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi all,

I'm also in Sep 2019 version and had he same issue, but I managed to solve it through the following:

Go to Settings -> Display -> Scale and Layout -> Advance scaling settings -> "Let Windows try to fix apps so they're not blurry"

and switch this "On".

You'll need to restart your apps (Power BI included) for this to take effect.

I hope that helps!

NAOS

Anonymous
Not applicable

So yeah. Same issue here. I have blurred letter on the second screen. However, setting it to 150% helps however greatly reduces the available space on the screen (obviously..) So yeah, not great right now.

etalon
Frequent Visitor

This wont help anyone, but yeah, same issue with me.  Primary (laptop) monitor at 150% scaling, its fine.  Secondary monitor, it horrible.  Changing to 100% scaling "fixes" it, but going back to 150% and it is bad again.

KrisW
Helper I
Helper I

Yes, I had the issue - drove me nuts! After reading all posts listed here, I investigated.

I have a laptop, set at recommended screen setting 125% scale. PBI clear - just not enough "room" to work on the smaller screen.

The 2 larger screens were each set at the recommended DPI, but only 100% scale - impossible to work with PBI as everything was "fuzzy"

Going into DISPLAY - ADVANCED SCALING SETTINGS on my laptop, I selected/adjusted the 2 large screens to 125% scaling. PBI now working OK.

Screen Shot 09-11-19 at 10.32 AM.PNGScreen Shot 09-11-19 at 10.33 AM.PNGScreen Shot 09-11-19 at 12.32 PM.PNG

@KrisW  That works, but it reduced the available screen real estate.  It's a workaround at best.  

Hope they fix soon!

Is there an official way to report the issue?

Hi @jnickell ,

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support , Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET", to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

I opened a ticket through our O365 portal, I got a voicemail from a technician that they're aware of the issue and working to resolve.  No dates were given.  

I uninstalled the "store" version yesterday and was going to work on downloading the "exe" install version today.

I actually had a download from 8/23 of the "exe" installer.  It's installed and does not have the graphical issue.  It's version 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August 2019)

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

hello @DebbieE 

Mine seems to be fine, maybe uninstall and reinstall?

blurry.jpg

I get my updates automatically, I dont really want to mess with uninstalling it.Also Its ok on my tiny monitor on my laptop but not on my larger monitor. Its been absolutely fine till today.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DebbieE  I am facing the same issue. I have two monitors connected to my laptop and the report looks perfectly fine on my laptop, but on the Monitor its getting blurred. Whats weird is everything below the the top bar that contains the Power Bi buttons seems to be clearly visible but everything below that gets s blurred font. 

For more clarity open and expand the attached screenshot:-image.png

In my support ticket through Office 365, they've asked for my MSInfo32 output, but I've not heard anything else.  That was on Tuesday.

Hi , 

For me also , everything looks blured in my 2nd monitor.

Any way i have rolled back to August Power BI desktop version.

Regards

SHIVA

Latest from support:

Hi John,

We worked with our product team and got to know that they updated the internal browser components to a newer version in the September release, and this is causing the difference. The root cause is still being investigated. Best workaround is to install SU08 (August)

​
Alternatively, change the monitor resolution to match for all monitors (same scaling %). This only happens when moving Power BI Desktop between monitors that have a different Display Scaling %.

I was out last week, but received a voicemail from support saying the issue had been resolved. I have not had a chance to re-download and verify.  

Did a fresh download help you?  I'm having this issue and installed in the past few weeks (late December 2019).

Version: 2.73.5586.1501 64-bit (September 2019)

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

I think it all got resolved after the September release so if you grab the latest release Version: 2.76.5678.782 64-bit (December 2019) it should be fully sorted

GoAvs
Frequent Visitor

Ah. The problem is I'm running PBI Desktop Optimized for Report Server so this version is the most recent available from Microsoft. (published 10/25).  I guess on-prem users will have to deal with this for a few months.  At least now I know it is from dragging between monitors so I'll be aware which screen I open things on.

Thanks all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.