cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnickell Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: September 2019 Update Everything looks blurred

Is there an official way to report the issue?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jnickell ,

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support , Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET", to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

jnickell Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I opened a ticket through our O365 portal, I got a voicemail from a technician that they're aware of the issue and working to resolve.  No dates were given.  

I uninstalled the "store" version yesterday and was going to work on downloading the "exe" install version today.

jnickell Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I actually had a download from 8/23 of the "exe" installer.  It's installed and does not have the graphical issue.  It's version 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August 2019)

etalon Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This wont help anyone, but yeah, same issue with me.  Primary (laptop) monitor at 150% scaling, its fine.  Secondary monitor, it horrible.  Changing to 100% scaling "fixes" it, but going back to 150% and it is bad again.

Thomas020 Visitor
Visitor

So yeah. Same issue here. I have blurred letter on the second screen. However, setting it to 150% helps however greatly reduces the available space on the screen (obviously..) So yeah, not great right now.

Highlighted
vinS Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@DebbieE  I am facing the same issue. I have two monitors connected to my laptop and the report looks perfectly fine on my laptop, but on the Monitor its getting blurred. Whats weird is everything below the the top bar that contains the Power Bi buttons seems to be clearly visible but everything below that gets s blurred font. 

For more clarity open and expand the attached screenshot:-image.png

jnickell Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

In my support ticket through Office 365, they've asked for my MSInfo32 output, but I've not heard anything else.  That was on Tuesday.

ncbshiva Member

Hi , 

For me also , everything looks blured in my 2nd monitor.

Any way i have rolled back to August Power BI desktop version.

Regards

SHIVA

jnickell Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Latest from support:

Hi John,

We worked with our product team and got to know that they updated the internal browser components to a newer version in the September release, and this is causing the difference. The root cause is still being investigated. Best workaround is to install SU08 (August)

​
Alternatively, change the monitor resolution to match for all monitors (same scaling %). This only happens when moving Power BI Desktop between monitors that have a different Display Scaling %.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Top Solution Authors