Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

September 2019 Update Everything looks blurred

Ive just noticed that ive moved from August Updates to September Updates and everything has gone really blurry

Blurry.JPG

Its curently unusable 

Anyone else have this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Latest from support:

Hi John,

We worked with our product team and got to know that they updated the internal browser components to a newer version in the September release, and this is causing the difference. The root cause is still being investigated. Best workaround is to install SU08 (August)

​
Alternatively, change the monitor resolution to match for all monitors (same scaling %). This only happens when moving Power BI Desktop between monitors that have a different Display Scaling %.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Yeah, its all happy again now.  Around the same time I also had an issue where the map coords were offset by about 200 miles, which then randomly fixed itself too!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have uninstalled and reinstalled and same issue. On my laptop it looks fine. On my large monitor screen (And this is the 2nd one I have tried) It looks really blurry

Its basically unuseable at the moment because I need it on my big monitor

Hi @DebbieE ,

You may change the resolution of the larger monitor screen, right-click find Display settings option.

54.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

This doesnt work. I think its because my small laptop is Scale and Layout 150% recommended

My larger screen in 100% Recommended

I think its because of this but if you change the recommended settings it looks really wrong

I think this is clearly a bug in the September release and I would like to roll back to August but I dont know how to do it 

I'm also seeing this with the September update when using PowerBI Destkop on my external monitor.  My primary monitor (Laptop) is fine.  The external monitor is a different resolution, and is scaled at 100% (Recommended). The Primary monitor (laptop) is higher resolution, and is scaled to 125%.  This only showed up after the update to Sept.  I just switched over (last month) to using the "Windows Store" edition, so there's not really a roll back method.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.