Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brunozanoelo
Helper V
Helper V

Sending reports( .pbix ) automatically for differents Organizations

Hello everybody, I would like to know if there is any option that allows me to send my reports ( .pbix ) to the web automatically for various organizations ... Is there any way for me to make this process ?

Is there an API for Power B.I in this regard ?

I have several organizations and I need to send the same report to ALL of them , each one has a different domain ...

Thank you guys!! Hugs!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@brunozanoelo If you want to publish pbix files fro different clients into their power bi service without using power bi desktop I think your only option currently is to leverage Power BI REST APIs. Check out this page on the list of available operations with power bi rest apis and the one that you would need is this (Import PBIX) where you can programatically authenticate account for each of your client and then publish it to their workspace.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@brunozanoelo The approach you should be taking is create power bi template file that you can distribute to different clients. Check out this article that shows how to create temple and distribute templates.

@ankitpatira ! 😄
Currently I work in a company which is contracted to make report creation service for some companies. Our goal is to develop a report that can be used by several companies without having to make customizations, because each client of ours contains the same database structure. But each company has NO relationship with the other, are distinct companies, the data is different.

Structure of the tables?
All of our customers contains the same database structure, so the created datasets can be used by any client, the tables are the same.

How to update data by automatic update?
As the connection is made by ODBC, if each client uses the same NAME ODBC driver on the computer that will perform the update with DataGateway, seeing that, we will have no problem if the server that contain the DataGateway will have the ODBC Driver with the same name as that on but 'pbix' file, but with a location for the Database that is on your local server.

Example: PBIX File on power bi:
ODBC NAME: POWERBI_FIREBIRD

Company A (ODBC Driver Setup in the computer with DataGateway)
BD Localization: localserver/C:/EMPRESA1/BD1.FBD

Company B (ODBC Driver Setup in the computer with DataGateway)
BD Localization: localserver/D:/EMPRESA2/BD1FBD

The problem is that as the power of bi accounts are different, one having nothing to do with the other.
I would like to create a report and publish it in each account in an automatic way.
If I have 50 clients, and a new report is created, I have to send this report to 50 different organizations in the Power BI for them to start using.

How can i do that? The tool with Power BI Desktop is one by one publish.

@brunozanoelo If you want to publish pbix files fro different clients into their power bi service without using power bi desktop I think your only option currently is to leverage Power BI REST APIs. Check out this page on the list of available operations with power bi rest apis and the one that you would need is this (Import PBIX) where you can programatically authenticate account for each of your client and then publish it to their workspace.

Thanks a lot for the help @ankitpatira!

Thank you very much for giving me all these tips and helped me understand even more the tool.

I'll check the API and deeper into the matter !

Grateful for the attention!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.