Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ldrivinghawk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sendgrid Connection For Desktop Version

Hi there,

Wondering why the sendgrid connection is available for the online version but not the desktop version.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Sendgrid Connection For Desktop Version

Hi @ldrivinghawk,

Currently, Power BI desktop doesn't provide built-in Sendgrid connector. You can download Sendgrid template files and .m file from here:

- Install the latest PBI Desktop 
- Create a folder called Extensions under: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin 
- Copy the .m file to that folder 
- Set these 2 environment variables in Windows: 
   PQ_EnableExtensionDeveloper = true 
   PQ_ExtensionDirectory = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\Extensions 
- Open the PBIT file

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @ldrivinghawk,

Currently, Power BI desktop doesn't provide built-in Sendgrid connector. You can download Sendgrid template files and .m file from here:

- Install the latest PBI Desktop 
- Create a folder called Extensions under: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin 
- Copy the .m file to that folder 
- Set these 2 environment variables in Windows: 
   PQ_EnableExtensionDeveloper = true 
   PQ_ExtensionDirectory = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\Extensions 
- Open the PBIT file

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ldrivinghawk Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you!

gscara Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi

I tried the solution that you posted and was unable to download any SendGrid data.  I assume that I have to modify the .m file to enter my SendGrid credentials or should the PowerBI file be asking me to provide these.

Thanks in advance.