Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhaskarasalla
Frequent Visitor

Send email with subject

Hi All,

I have a client requirement,where in if user has some question they want the feasibilty to drop in mail to respective POC in power bi desktop.

I have achieved this by giving hyper link in text and its working fine.

so whenever user click on that text box and forward user to email

but client want that when user click on text and nevigated to mail box, drafting mail should have by default subject line.

can we achieve this in power bi ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bhaskarasalla ,

It is unsupported to meet your requirement currently. You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bhaskarasalla ,

It is unsupported to meet your requirement currently. You can come up a new idea about that and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

is there any solution to this problem that has arise since the last post?

thanks

Added an Idea for new category:Mail

Anonymous
Not applicable

for anyone looking for a solution to this, the following works:

mailto:firstname.lastname@email.com?subject=whatever subject you'd like

you should be able to swap out any part of the above with existing columns to make it dynamic. i usually use this to put my email in the report header so that peopel can contact me with suggestions/feedback, and the email will be sorted in my inbox by the subject being the name of the report. 

Could you please elaborate more on your interesting suggestion: " i usually use this to put my email in the report header so that peopel can contact me with suggestions/feedback, and the email will be sorted in my inbox by the subject being the name of the report. "

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure. every report i make will have a Title, and underneath the Title will be a short blurb about what that report does, where it finds its data etc. 

In that blurb, i'll add the text 'click here to provide feedback or suggestions for this report' which will be hyperlinked with the following: 

mailto:myfirstname.mylastname@email.com?subject=Title of report, feedback.

When a user clicks this link, Outlook will open up a new email that is already addressed to me, and the subject line will already be populated with a field that i've chosen. In my inbox, i have rule set that if i receive an email with that subject line, it goes to a specific folder in my inbox.

just makes giving feedback easier. 

This worked for me...Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.