Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a weekly email with CSV

Hi,

Can someone please point me in the right direction about how I send a weekly email with an attached CSV, please? I have Power Automate, but not really too sure how to use it. 

I want an email to be sent every Friday, 10am with the contects of a table in Power BI added to a CSV. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've not tried the power automate route.

If you have/can get a premium per user licence or have premium capacity you can use power bi report builder Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

to create a very basic table report. Then direct in the service schedule an email with csv extract.

bcdobbs_0-1642441767818.png

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous here are the details of RestAPI that you can use to export to file as CSV

Reports - Export To File - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Docs

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous did you checked this link Export and email a report with Power Automate - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did, but that just seems to give an option for a PDF, not a CSV. 

I've not tried the power automate route.

If you have/can get a premium per user licence or have premium capacity you can use power bi report builder Power BI Report Builder - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

to create a very basic table report. Then direct in the service schedule an email with csv extract.

bcdobbs_0-1642441767818.png

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.