Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CJMolin
Helper II
Helper II

Self entered data table cleared after refresh from Service-tool

Hello,

First of all Im not sure if this topic should lay under Desktop or Service since it concerns them both, sorry if I put it wrong.

Background:

I've created a pretty big data model in PowerBI desktop which runs perfectly fine by a scheduled refresh setup in the Power BI Service. One of the tables are "self entered" using the "enter data" function. I use this table as a lookup table creating measures calculacting performance from this "hardcoded" table.

Problem:

When I am refreshing my dataset in Power BI Desktop everything is working as it is supposed to. ALTHOUGH! When I publish my report to the service interface and i refresh the report from there my "self entered" data table clears and my measures related to this table of course will be blank in the service interface.

I have no idea how to solve this and Ive been googling alot! Anyone know how to fix this issue? 

Thanks alot!!!

CJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for all your help Qiuyu.

I was able to fix this issue with the help of one of our IT guys at work. He put up a new database for me so I can use it for lookups (so i had a source to point at at refresh).

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.