Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Selectively choosing which row level to display values in a Matrix

Hi,

I have recently been playing with the Matrix visual on a flat data source and trying to find ways to selectively display different values on different rows.  Currently the visual looks like this:

WranglingData_2-1632292672505.png

What I want to be able to do is display the value for the column calcHasAttachment (circled in red) to display in the position circled in blue, whil retaining the Bottom total.

For reference, the formula I am using for calcHasAttachment (and is typical to calcTotal) is as follows:

calcHasAttachment = IF(NOT ISINSCOPE(ExampleFormData[ItemID]),MIN(ExampleFormData[HasUpload]))

Also, for reference, the formula for calcItemDescription is (which displays data at the ItemID level and is typical to calcCost):

calcItemDescription = IF(ISINSCOPE(ExampleFormData[ItemID]),MIN(ExampleFormData[Description]))

Does anyone know how I can achieve this?

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

play with these settings

lbendlin_0-1632358394427.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.  I had a play with it yesterday but was only able to get it to show on the same row as the totals.  Its about that separation away from the total row that I am trying to do.

Looks like it is bound to the total row, which is not ideal, but will have to suffice, unless someone else can suggest an alternative.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.