Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

proudmama
Regular Visitor

Selections

I found Power BI earlier this week, and my manager and I love what we see so far. 

With that said, I have a question.  I have my data model created and relationships established between 4 SQL tables via DirectQuery.  I have 4 matrixes and 6 stacked bar charts on a report; each groups by a field and counts a distinct ID.  When I select something from a matrix, all the other matrixes and bar charts update as expected HOWEVER if i make a selection in another matrix and\or bar chart, all the matrixes and bar charts updates to the current selection. 

If there are 1,000 names in the department that I selected, I want to be able to make another selection from another matrix and\or bar chart to narrow those names and export the results.

Any help?  I checked the cross filter direction of the relationships, and tested it and t hat doesn't change anything.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @proudmama ,

To edit interactions should work. For more details, please check the online document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Capture.PNG

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @proudmama ,

To edit interactions should work. For more details, please check the online document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Capture.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thank you!  This works perfectly.

Hi @proudmama,

Has your issue been solved? If so kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. Thanks in advance. Any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Thank you for your reply however I have not had time to look into your recommendation yet but will within the next week or so.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.