Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mraka9
Helper III
Helper III

Selection of related items

greeting,

apologies in my poor English language.

I need to make a filter that will link related items.

yellow, green and blue are labeled related items according to case, group and item.

Stock Number C0762202 is related to artifacts SL695, the article SL695 is related to PP782 and KHT25.

example:

I want to get all the related items when I choose the arctic C0762202

thanks in advance

Upit.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mraka9,

Firstly, split column in Query editor as below.
Capture.PNG

Secondly, create the following columns in the table.

Column = CALCULATE( COUNTA(Table1[Stock Number]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Stock Number]))
Checkcolumn = CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[Stock Number],Table1[Stock Number]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Case]=EARLIER(Table1[Case])&&Table1[Group]=EARLIER(Table1[Group])&&Table1[Item]=EARLIER(Table1[Item])&&Table1[Column]=2))

Thidly, create a new table using dax below.

Table = DISTINCT(Table1[Stock Number])

At last, create the following measures in original table, drag the chk measure to visual level filter and set its value to 1. You can review attached PBIX file to get more details.

mergedvalue = CALCULATE(CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Table1[Stock Number]),Table1[Stock Number],"/"),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Checkcolumn]))
chk = var searchval=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Stock Number],"") return IF(ISERROR(SEARCH(searchval,[mergedvalue])),0,1)

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mraka9,

Firstly, split column in Query editor as below.
Capture.PNG

Secondly, create the following columns in the table.

Column = CALCULATE( COUNTA(Table1[Stock Number]),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Stock Number]))
Checkcolumn = CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(Table1[Stock Number],Table1[Stock Number]),FILTER(Table1,Table1[Case]=EARLIER(Table1[Case])&&Table1[Group]=EARLIER(Table1[Group])&&Table1[Item]=EARLIER(Table1[Item])&&Table1[Column]=2))

Thidly, create a new table using dax below.

Table = DISTINCT(Table1[Stock Number])

At last, create the following measures in original table, drag the chk measure to visual level filter and set its value to 1. You can review attached PBIX file to get more details.

mergedvalue = CALCULATE(CONCATENATEX(VALUES(Table1[Stock Number]),Table1[Stock Number],"/"),ALLEXCEPT(Table1,Table1[Checkcolumn]))
chk = var searchval=SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[Stock Number],"") return IF(ISERROR(SEARCH(searchval,[mergedvalue])),0,1)

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia you're genius

1.png2.png

I have a question

when i choose PP79, appears rttt15 (0007/2018-00, 99, 2) 

but when I choose rttt15, it just came out PP79 (0007/2018-00, 99, 2) and it does not appear PP79 (0050/2018-00, 1, 1)

the problem is that my base is very large and it takes a lot of time to get the result 😞

but every honor. a genial idea

thank you

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I believe you could create a measure like:

Measure = 
VAR __stockNumber = MAX('Table2'[Stock Number]) //gets currently filtered stock number
RETURN
IF(__stockNumber IN 'Table1'[Stock Number],1,0)

You could then create a table visual with Table1 columns and filter it by Measure = 1

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks to Greg_Deckler, unfortunately I can not make the instructions 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.