Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rlucero

Selection Pane Groups / Bookmarks not saving

New to the community so I'm sorry if this has already been addressed and I could not find it. 

Working with the March 2020 Version of PBI.

I'm having trouble when creating Groups in the Selection Pane (a group of Slicers) and tying those to Hide / Show Bookmarks in Desktop. When I first build them out and test them they seem to work as expected. It's when I save the Report or Publish the Report where the Group I created has been forgotten and the Bookmarks have forgotten their place. 

I can re-create the Group and update the Bookmarks quickly to get this page to work again on Desktop. I'm hoping to find a way to save these Groups and Bookmarks so I can publish with the expected user interface. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you, in trying to take screenshots with non-sensitive data to explain my steps, I think I answered my own question. 

In Options> Current File> Report Settings> Visual Options, I didn't have anything selected. 

After testing several different configurations it seems like you at least need to have "Use modern visual header with updated styling options" selected for the groups to stay.

This seems to work after saving and publishing. 

Thank you again!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Can you post the steps to reproduce?

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thank you, in trying to take screenshots with non-sensitive data to explain my steps, I think I answered my own question. 

In Options> Current File> Report Settings> Visual Options, I didn't have anything selected. 

After testing several different configurations it seems like you at least need to have "Use modern visual header with updated styling options" selected for the groups to stay.

This seems to work after saving and publishing. 

Thank you again!

Hi @Rlucero ,

I'm glad that you solve your issue by yourself and share us the solution of it. Would you please mark your own reply as the solution to help the other members with the same issue find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.