Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Selection Controls Not Available for Slicer Format in Power BI Desktop

Hi,

Something odd is happening. I am able to see the "Selection Controls" under Format for the previously created slicers. But, when I create a new one, the selection controls option is not available, nor is the option to select drop down versus list under more options on the visual.

Is this a bug? I would appreciate a solution!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue is solved now.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I can't reproduce this issue on my side. Can you please provide more detailed information about your scenario?

Test version: 2.66.5376.2161 64-bit (February 2019)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue is solved now.

What is the solution?  I don't see the selection control on Power Bi server either. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Khoerner,

I ended up recreating the slicer and the isue was solved, it seems like a bug as no one else could reproduce the issue.

I hope it helps.

Shiva

I ran into the same problem and even when I recreated the slicer it didn't seem to solve the problem.  I thought I would share what I did in case someone else has a similar problem.

First, slicer header needs to be turned on:

Annotation 2020-03-30 153402.pngThen click on the arrow at the top of the slider:

Annotation 2020-03-30 153402(2).pngFrom the drop down list select Dropdown.  Then the selection control section will be visible in the formatting pane and you can click on the Single select option.

Annotation 2020-03-30 153402(3).png

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks, It works now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Xiaoxin,

I am working in a Power BI file with a page that was set up before. Now, there is a slicer on this page reflecting the week in year number. When I go under format for this previosuly created visual, I can see the "Selection Controls" option. However, when trying to reproduce the slicer, with the exact same field and filters, I do not get the "Selection Controls" option. This is only happening in the Power BI desktop and not in the edit mode on the Power BI service. That is what made me think this might be a bug as I found a post from 2017 with a similar issue, but I wasn't sure or couldn't find a solution. 

Thanks,

Shiva

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.