Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zenmemo
Helper I
Helper I

Selecting values from Userelationship returns blank results

Hi Community,

I'm currently working with direct query and my current setup involves two tables. One active relationship between the Dates table and the Identified Dates and another inactive relationship between Dates and Closed Dates. My problem is with the latter...

Relationships.JPG

When I select values for the active relationship (Count by Identified Date) it returns the corresponding data set.

Counts and filter.JPG

For the inactive relationship, I was able to get the userelationship function working correctly in that it returns the correct values in my matrix table. My formula:

Count by Closed Date = CALCULATE([Count by Identified Date],
'Issues'[Status]="Closed",
USERELATIONSHIP('Issues'[Closed Date Clean],Dates[value]))

However, when I go and click on the values in my matrix table for the Count by Closed Date, it doesn't return the values in my corresponding table. I'm definitely missing something here and need help.

Thank you very much in advance.

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@zenmemo I think the cross filtering happens basis on the active relationship. That could be the reason why your table is blank when you click on [Count by Closed Date]

Here is a quick workaround. Add a dummy measure

Dummy = IF(OR([Count by Closed Date]<>BLANK(),[Count by Identified Date]<>BLANK()),1,BLANK())

Then add this into your table as a last column, it should now work. Here is the snapshot

Capture.PNG

You can download the powerbi file here

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ChandeepChhabra
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@zenmemo, Can you share your pbi file?

@zenmemo Sorry not able to download the file, the link retuns an error

Still gives an error, can you share the file via drop box or google drive

@zenmemo I think the cross filtering happens basis on the active relationship. That could be the reason why your table is blank when you click on [Count by Closed Date]

Here is a quick workaround. Add a dummy measure

Dummy = IF(OR([Count by Closed Date]<>BLANK(),[Count by Identified Date]<>BLANK()),1,BLANK())

Then add this into your table as a last column, it should now work. Here is the snapshot

Capture.PNG

You can download the powerbi file here

Hope it helps

wow. that's a quite clever workaround. Thanks @ChandeepChhabra!

Thanks @zenmemo, Glad it worked

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.