Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nrobi
Frequent Visitor

Selecting multiple visuals for Bookmark creation is not working

Hi all, 

when i try to select multiple visuals (Crtl+Click) to creat bookmarks for "only selected visuals" my PowerBI Desktop is just not doing it. It slows down and is not selecting the other visuals which i am clicking. 

Anyone else expirencing those kind of issues? 

Thanks. 

Best, 

Moritz 

4 REPLIES 4
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @nrobi ,

Based on my research, I am afraid the bookmark function could not achieve this feature, When you create a bookmark, the following elements are saved with the bookmark:

• The current page
  • Filters
  • Slicers, including slicer type (for example, dropdown or list) and slicer state
  • Visual selection state (such as cross-highlight filters)
  • Sort order
  • Drill location
  • Visibility (of an object, using the Selection pane)
  • The focus or Spotlight modes of any visible object

So maybe you could submit an idea in ideas forum:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-danhe-msft

In a Bookmark you can adjust which visuals should be affacted by the bookmark ( All visuals on the page or only the currently selected visuals: 

To enable this, you first need to select all visuals which you want to be affected by the bookmark and then you create the bookmark. However, when i try to selecting muliple visuals in my report it is not working and PowerBI desktop slows down and does not select more visual then the one already selected initially. 

I notice the behaivour since the "copy&past feature was enabled for PBI Desktop.

Does it make more sense now? 

Thanks.

Best, 

Moritz  MSIssue.JPG

Hi @nrobi ,

I could not figure out what is your desired result, could you please offer your desired result if possible and post a sample data to have a test?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft  The Screenshot which i already provided should outline, that the Bookmarks will only affect visuals which are currently selected.

However, to make this happening, i first need to select visuals. 

During this selection, PowerBI Desktop is unresponsive as soon as i slect more then  1 visual. 

I notice this behaviuour after the Copy&Past feature was introduced. 

Hope this makes more sense now. 

Best, 

Moritz 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors