Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Selecting a combination of datas

Hello Everyone,

My problem is this:

I have data of the Mass Flow of a product for different grades of this product and what I want to do is if someone filters the data to see the data of one grade I want that my Vazão Global measure returns the Mass Flow for this grade. If he perhaps filters for two grades I want to show the total Mass Flow for these two grades, and if he select all I the same idea is applied as if it was two grades. I started writting some stuff down to see if I was able to come up with some idea but I'm not quite sure how to tell Power BI to check if the filter applied is of the grade A,B,C or even a combination of them. I'll put what I tried to come up with and some other measures I was planning to use.

Reciclo.png

Normal.png

Asia.png

Vazao Duvida.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can use DISTCTCOUNT (your table [grade] ) to check the filter of the grade A,B,C. If we choese A, the result will be 1, if B,C, then 2 etc...

Then we can add it to the if condition to work it out.

If it doesn't meet your requirement, kindly share your sample data and excepted result to me if you don't have any Confidential Information. Please upload your files to One Drive and share the link here.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-frfei-msft ,

Thanks for answering, I've solved one of my problems, however I couldn't solve the other one. It might get easy if I explain what I want to do.

My wish is to have a Global Measure for my production rate for a KPI, this Global Measure can be the Total rate or the grades alone when filtered (that I've already done).

But the grades have different goals and these goals need to change in the KPI when someone filters it by grade and I'm still not sure how to tell power BI when the table is filter that the filter applied is for A,B or C. With DISTCTCOUNT I'll only tell that my table is filter by grade, but not which grade was select in the filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.