Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BenNguyen
Frequent Visitor

Selected on chart but slicer is not affected

Dear Team,

I have a page with 2 slicers and many charts as following.
The relationships between the data tables are all two-way.
When I select from slicers --> yes, it affects the chart and other slicers.

But my problem is: when I select one color (for ex: the green) on the pie chart --> nothing changed in the slicers. And I would like the slicers can be filtered after I select on the chart

Question:

We don't have the reverse direction from chart to slicer right? Is this a Power BI desktop issue? Or is there a way to make it happen?

BenNguyen_0-1665457161964.png

Thank you for your support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenNguyen ,

It seems that you want to cross filter the slicer by selecting on the Donut chart.

According to my knowledge, your requirement could not be realized currently. A slicer is a type of visual that filters the other visuals on a report page. It can't be affected by the other visuals. An idea similar with what you expect has been submitted in Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com), if you also want this in  Power BI, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenNguyen ,

It seems that you want to cross filter the slicer by selecting on the Donut chart.

According to my knowledge, your requirement could not be realized currently. A slicer is a type of visual that filters the other visuals on a report page. It can't be affected by the other visuals. An idea similar with what you expect has been submitted in Microsoft Idea (powerbi.com), if you also want this in  Power BI, let the power bi community to know this things and give your votes.

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Jianbo Li for your confirmation.

bharat_kumar
Regular Visitor

Hello Bhrat,

thank you for your reply but it's still not the solution for my issue.
The answer in the forum you sent said that we should make a table visual as a slicer. So turn out this is not a slicer anymore. I still want to keep the slicer function, not to change it to a table view.

Do you have any other ways? Thank you so much!

BenNguyen_0-1665135311684.png

bharat_kumar
Regular Visitor

You can use Edit Interactions from Format Tab.
It will resolve your issue.

Please like the Reply if you achieve success.

Hello Bhrat,

no, that's not related to the"Edit Interactions"
Because all the charts and slicers have interaction together. But it does not work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.