cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrmiyagi
Helper III
Helper III

Selected number range need to filter measure and visual

Hello! I could use some assistance with an issue I've been facing. I need to have a number range slicer based on feet (1 - 5280) when selected a number/foot it will filter the visual and show the correct Cost Per Feet from the measure. I am not sure how to handle this and be able to have it properly filter the visual to show the selected number of feet from the slicer. 

Number Range 

FeetRange = GENERATESERIES(1,5280,1)

Cost Per Feet Measure

CPF = CALCULATE(DIVIDE([SumLabor_Materials],[SUM_Feet]),FILTER('Labor_Merged','Labor_Merged'[Asset Category] in {"NATURAL SURFACE TRAIL","HARD SURFACE TRAIL"}))

trailsvisual.PNG

trails.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrmiyagi 

I don't 100% understand what you want to have. What do the measures [SumLabor_Materials] and [SUM_Feet] calculate for? Will they be filtered by the number range slicer? Maybe you can use some simple dummy data to explain your issue more intuitively?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing

amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@mrmiyagi , Try a new measure on CPF

CPF Filtered =
var _min = minx(allselected(FeetRange ),FeetRange [value])
var _max = maxx(allselected(FeetRange ),FeetRange [value])
return
calculate([CPF], filter(Values(Table[Asset category]), [CPF]>=_min && [CPF] <=_max))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response and help! I did try to use the new measure but it still doesnt seem to be working correctly. It removed one of the categories and does not change the cost, only stays static when changing the slicer. 

trailresults.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors