Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

valcat27
Helper III
Helper III

Select all the values showed in a slicer that has been filtered first

Hello all,

I would like to select all the values showed in a slicer that has been filtered first.

For example, I want to filter some visuals based on the products that a group of clients bought. Firstly, I created a slicer with a list of all products where the products I select will filter the visuals on that page.
Secondly, to know which products I want to select, I applied a filter to this visual (the slicer) based on that group of clients. After that, my slicer shows only the list of products that the group of clients bought. My problem appears here, when I need to select the products on the slicer. I cannot select it one by one since it could be a long list. I also tried to include the option “Select all” in the slicer, but when I select it, it selects all the products ignoring the filtering by clients.

Can anyone find a solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @valcat27 

Is your issue that when you use select all in Product slicer, it will remove the filter of Client Group?

Does your data model look as below, or you build slicer tables?

1.png

I think if your client group can filter the product list correctly, your issue will not appear.

In my sample, select all won't remove the filter of Client Group. 

1.png

If this reply still couldn't help you solve your problem, please share me with a sample by your Onedrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-rzhou-msft ,

Thank you for your answer and I am sorry for my delay.

Yes, my issue is the "select all" in Product slicer that will remove the filter of Client Group.

Yes, my data are similar to yours, but I do not have a list of clients groups. I have a list of clients. When I said "a group of clients", I meant "more than one client". However, I do not think that difference is an issue here. It's just a detail.

Regarding your solution, I think it is not correct because your table is not showing all the rows related to the products filtered. The rows of Client Group A and Products P3 and P5 are missing in the table filtered. 
So, I suppose your table is being affected by the Client Group Slicer. 

I tried to filter the Product slicer using a Client Group slicer (as you did) that affects only the Product slicer and I also tried using the filter pane. In both cases, the "select all" removes the filter of Client Group. 

Hi @valcat27 

Is Client column and Product column in the same table? If they are in the same table like mine, when you use "Select All" in Procuct Slicer will return the whole table(remove the filter).

Could you share a sample with me and show me the result you want? This may make it easier for me to understand your requirement.

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hello @v-rzhou-msft ,

Yes, Client column and Product column are in the same table, but I have already tried being in different tables.  My problem is that, the filter that is removed. I want to keep the filter. 

This is the output I want when I select "Select all":
(I am sorry, my PowerBI is in portuguese, but I hope you can understand.)

valcat27_0-1624985686852.png

I could get this result by selecting the products one by one, but in my data I have many more products...

Hi @valcat27 

I think you want to get all products the client group you select even the products in other different groups. Currently you use Client Group to filter Product slicer in filter field and select products one by one. However if you want to select a long product list, it is not convenient. "Select All" will remove all filters on this slicer.

I think you can build an unrelated Client Group table to create the slicer and then build a filter measure. 

Here I still use above sample.

Client Group Table:

Client Group = 
VALUES('Table'[Clinet Group])

Filter Measure:

Filter Measure = 
VAR _SelectGroup = VALUES('Client Group'[Clinet Group])
VAR _ProductList = CALCULATETABLE(VALUES('Table'[Product]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Clinet Group] in _SelectGroup))
RETURN
IF(MAX('Table'[Product]) IN _ProductList,1,0)

Result:

1.png

Best Regards,

Rico Zhou

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.