Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

matteocarnelos
Frequent Visitor

Select all rows in a table/matrix and use rows like filter

Hi guys,

in my situation I've have a matrix (used like pivot table) with two fields that identify the hierarchy of the rows, and several calculated colums.

My idea is to use the filters in the visualization field of the matrix (in the right of the screen) to find the rows that interest me, select ALL these rows and use this selection in the whole report.

Do you know the way to do this? Or also others ways that carry to the same result?

Thank you,

Matteo

6 REPLIES 6
LukePetersen

I had a similar need so I published my report to my workspace and then used Excel to connect into the data set to build a pivot table. I couldn't find a way in BI so it was easier for me to use excel

Álvaro_SM
Frequent Visitor

Dear colleagues,

Did you find a solution for this in the end? Now you can select multiple rows clicking on ctr + shift. However, it would be great to have a shirtcut for all rows too... ctrl + a no longer works.

Thank you!

eyoskan
Frequent Visitor

I have similar need, would like the ability to select all rows in a table and then only de-select the specific rows that I would like to exclude from the filter. At the moment you need to select row by row and that is very time consuming, especially, if the table contains many rows.

Idealy it will e great is we could select all rows using <Ctrl> A while the table is in focus.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Matteo,

We can select the rows by "Ctrl + left click". Is this what you want?

Select_all_rows_in_a_table_matrix_and_use_rows_like_filter

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

thanks for your reply, but isn't that I want.

I try to explain better:

I've a table used like pivot and in this table I want to filter the rows by the filters in the visualization field of the matrix.

Done this, in the table, I will have only the rows that interesting me.

So I'want to select all the rows (but not one by one).

I had a similar need to analyse voting patterns (I wanted to select those who made a particular choice at one election, and see what they voted at other elections).

In general it's quite frustrating than we can't CTRL + MAJ to select group of rows in a table or matrix and not having the CTRL + A for selecting all. I hope it will be added.

Eventually, I used the HierarchySlicer which can be found on the market place. Compare to the standard slicer, this one can be filtered by other visual. You need to add the select all option. Once you select all, you deselect whatever you selected in the first visual in the first place and voila!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.