Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sarah2_williams
Helper III
Helper III

'Select all' in a filter with search function enabled

Morning all! 

Quick question - can't seem to find a way around this.

We are using the filter visual in a report where you can multi select or select all- it has over 1000 options. I have enabled the search in the filter visual, but when searching the select all button doesn't work/disappears.

As an example; out of the 1000 items, I want to select everything that has "Math" in. So we type this in the top bar and the filter visual only displays the items with Math, 50 results. The only way I can then select all 50 of these results is to click each one individually, there is no select all option for items brough up by the search bar.

Ideally I would like users to be able to do this on the report when it is uploaded into the service and published in an App.

does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarah2_williams Maybe it would be better try 'advanced filtering' in the filter visual instead of 'basic filtering'. In that case you can filter all results that contain what you need without manual selecting them.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sarah2_williams Maybe it would be better try 'advanced filtering' in the filter visual instead of 'basic filtering'. In that case you can filter all results that contain what you need without manual selecting them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.