Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krushal
Helper I
Helper I

Select all for Slicer doesnt work

Select all for Slicer doesnt work.

When I select "select all" in the slicer it doesnt do a thing in "count of part name prob by year and prob descp" chart.

I have a separate slice create so that I can select only certain values in that slicer, and I want the select all in that slicer to work.

Can someone help ?2020-01-31_14-43-37.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In Slicer, Select ALL or Select none has the same meaning. This means there is no filter on this parameter.  If your slicer behaving differently, let us know.

tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

In Power BI slicers, by default nothing is checked but it is still a Select All (instead of Select None, as you would expect). So if you have nothing checked, and you hit Select All, you will not notice any change as the filter is same. Try Select All and uncheck a couple of values and notice the difference.

Regards,

Tarun

@amitchandak @tarunsingla  I forgot to mention that the slicer that I have highlighted does not have all the parts in it. So "Select All" only means select/select none of all the mentioned parts below. For eg: In the field Part Name Causing Prob there are 35 lines but the slicer I have built for the same only has 9 lines. So when I choose to "Select All" it should only select those 9 lines that are in the slicer right ?

THe report that you includes those 35 lines but when the filter is applied it should only show the data for those 9 selected lines from the slicer.

Does that make sense ?

"the slicer I have built for the same only has 9 lines. So when I choose to "Select All" it should only select those 9 lines that are in the slicer right ?"

I assume you mean you have a page level filter applied (on that field) on this page of the report. So yes, Select All would select only those filtered rows.

"THe report that you includes those 35 lines but when the filter is applied it should only show the data for those 9 selected lines from the slicer."

Not sure if I understand it well, but if you are referring to the bar graph on the top right corner of the page, it seems to be showing the view of Prob Desc field. How many distinct values do you have for Prob Desc, for that filtered list of Part Name Causing Prob? Is it 9 or is it more?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors