Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

louisvp
Helper II
Helper II

Select a data point in a visual

Dear Community,

Is it possible , when you mark a data point in a visual by clicking on the data point in the visual, that the other visuals on that page shows the whole bar (i.e. in a bar chart) instead of a small part of the bar highlighted with the selected part of the data in the first visual?

For example in the first visual the Sales amount of 3 product groups are shown and in the second visual the Sales amount per year 2016, 2017 and 2018 are shown.

When I select 2017 in the second visual, the first visual still shows the Sales amount of 3 product groups in total (lightly shadowed) and highlighted the 2017 Sales amount per product group.

What I want to do is i.e. select the year 2017 in the second visual and that the first visual only shows the 2017 Sales amount of 3 product groups without the Sales amount of 3 product groups of 2016, 2017 and 2018.

I hope someone of you is able to help me.

Kind regards.

Louis van Paassen

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
louisvp
Helper II
Helper II

Dear zlokesh,

Thank you for your reply!

Below you find 3 screenshots:

1. External Trucking selected

2. Global Shanghai selected

3. No Data point selected

Screenshot 1 and 2 is not what I want.

In screenshot 1 I only want to see full bars of Global Shanghai, Global Dubai and Global Rotterdam in visual 2 when I select  External Trucking in visual 1.

Now I see the External Trucking part of Global Shanghai, Global Dubai and Global Rotterdam highlighted.

For example I added a data table.

When I dont select a data point I see the total value of 384.

When I select External Trucking I want to see 24 highlighted and not 360 shadowed.

I hope you understand what I am trying to do.

Could you otherwise call me at +316 51 36 5308?

Kind regards

Louis

TableTable

External Trucking selectedExternal Trucking selected

Global Shanghai selectedGlobal Shanghai selectedNo Data Point SelectedNo Data Point Selected

View solution in original post

Hi @louisvp

Select on the left visual and select Format->Edit interactions, then on the upper right, select "filter" icon.

6.png

Best regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
louisvp
Helper II
Helper II

Dear zlokesh,

Thank you for your reply!

Below you find 3 screenshots:

1. External Trucking selected

2. Global Shanghai selected

3. No Data point selected

Screenshot 1 and 2 is not what I want.

In screenshot 1 I only want to see full bars of Global Shanghai, Global Dubai and Global Rotterdam in visual 2 when I select  External Trucking in visual 1.

Now I see the External Trucking part of Global Shanghai, Global Dubai and Global Rotterdam highlighted.

For example I added a data table.

When I dont select a data point I see the total value of 384.

When I select External Trucking I want to see 24 highlighted and not 360 shadowed.

I hope you understand what I am trying to do.

Could you otherwise call me at +316 51 36 5308?

Kind regards

Louis

TableTable

External Trucking selectedExternal Trucking selected

Global Shanghai selectedGlobal Shanghai selectedNo Data Point SelectedNo Data Point Selected

Hi @louisvp

Select on the left visual and select Format->Edit interactions, then on the upper right, select "filter" icon.

6.png

Best regards

Maggie

Maggie this is Perfect!

Actually I was looking for this for a very long time. I thought it might not be possible

Beste Regards,

Louis

zlokesh
Resolver I
Resolver I

Yes @louisvp, It is possible. For that you have to apply the filter at Visual Level

(You can see the records in Visual 1 is on filter i.e. only 2, and for Visual 2 all records)

Please go through the below screen shot, you will get the Idea.

If you satisfied,  "Accept the solution" else let me know. Thanks.

Visual Level FilterVisual Level Filter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.