Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reggiete
Frequent Visitor

Select Min Date Based on Calculations

Hello All, 

I am trying to write some logic in Dax, to get the minimum date where the total open is greater than 5% of the total open volume. 

In the screenshot below, if i just use min(Date) it will retrieve 9/27/18, but theres only 3 open from 9/27 and it only represents 1% of the total open (225). I am needing to bring back 9/28/18 since its the oldest date and it represents more then 5% of the total open. 

screenshot.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@reggiete  Not sure whether you tried this or not... I've tried the same with the sample data posted and got the expected output...

_Total Calculates the SUM of TotalOpen

_FivePercentofTotal Gives the 5% of the _Total

_MinDate Calculates the Minimum Date outof the records that contain TotalOpen >= 5% of TotalOpen

Finally, returning the MinDate as the output. 

Hope this helps !! Let me make it clear, if my understanding of your requirement is wrong....

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a PBI Community Champion

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PattemManohar
Community Champion
Community Champion

@reggiete Please try creating a new "Measure" as below

MinDate = 
VAR _Total = SUM(TestDates[TotalOpen])
VAR _FivePercentOfTotal = _Total * 0.05
VAR _MinDate = CALCULATE(MIN(TestDates[Date]), FILTER(TestDates, TestDates[TotalOpen]>=_FivePercentOfTotal))
RETURN _MinDate

image.png

@PattemManohar so where we are applying filter on _min date, i need it to calc the percentage by day. 

Example 

For Date 9/27 - 3 open out of 225. Which equals 1% = Not min date. 

For Date 9/28 - 26 out of 225 which equals 12% = min date because total open for this date represents 5% of the total open. 

I am not concerned with anything that is less than 1 day.  Days buckets is a group i created based on day count. So anything showing Day 0 means its todays date, day 1 meaning 1 day has passed (10/2/18). 

@reggiete  Not sure whether you tried this or not... I've tried the same with the sample data posted and got the expected output...

_Total Calculates the SUM of TotalOpen

_FivePercentofTotal Gives the 5% of the _Total

_MinDate Calculates the Minimum Date outof the records that contain TotalOpen >= 5% of TotalOpen

Finally, returning the MinDate as the output. 

Hope this helps !! Let me make it clear, if my understanding of your requirement is wrong....

i was able to get it to work thanks alot! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.