Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Select Destination Option Missing when Publishing to Power BI Service

I am experiencing an issue where when I click the publish button in PBI desktop I do not get an option to pick a workspace to where the report will be published, so all reports get published to one workspace. It seemed to have just started happening. I am essentially missing the following step:

9480cf3c-db87-43b3-90b4-c45ae4c3caca.jpg

I have made sure that there are no reports with the same name in the targeted workspace as to the one I am trying to upload. Also, I should mentioned that I am using the latest PBI desktop version. 

Thanks for all advice in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
spage
Regular Visitor

Hi @Anonymous ,  Is there a fix to this issue.  I am having the same problem and I only have one log in.

Hi @spage, I have the same problem. Did you find any solution ?

Hi @RajendraNimmala,

I had to remove the report from the workspace, republish, and then add it back to the workspace.  

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

In the list you are presenting the several names in the list are workspaces available so if you select the second row it will be publish to the C+E Bi content team workspace.

Don't you see the box that you present even? do you have the correct login on PBI desktop. I have two account one with only my workspace and anotiher with several even in the first one the box appears

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MFelix,

This screen shot I used is a screen shot from the Power BI website, that they posted in the tutorial. I had to somehow show the step I am missing. To clarify, that window does not pop up at all for me when clicking the Publish button in Power BI desktop. It automatically shows the window that the workbook is being uploaded to Power BI Service, however, it doesn't tell me which space it is publishing to. Once I get on PBI Service, I can see that all reports are being published to the same workspace - Reporting Admin space that our aministrator created. I see what you are saying, it appears that this is happening due to two different credentials/accounts. I created the new workspace that I am trying to publish to, while the Reporting Admin was created by my colleage who is the administrator. I will test this theory by having him create a new workspace and try to publish there.

Thanks for your response!

Hi @Anonymous,

I am facing the same issue now. Were you able to figure this out? Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.