cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aslan-R
Frequent Visitor

Select All Option While importing columns from the datasource

Hi Team,

Im connecting to a Calculation View on Hana Database and have enabled "Treat SAP Hana as a relational source" in option sin PowerBi desktop.

While browsing the hana objects, I want to select all the columns on a particular view,

Isn't there way to "Select All" all the dataitems under a cube instead selecting all of them individually. I have got more than 180 columns.

2018-05-08_21-34-36.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Re: Select All Option While importing columns from the datasource

Hi @Aslan-R,

Please deselect the option "Treat SAP Hana as a relational source". Then you can select a whole model.

Select_All_Option_While_importing_columns_from_the_datasource

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Aslan-R
Frequent Visitor

Hi v-jiascu-msft

Thanks for your reply.

Yes deselecting "Treat SAP Hana as a relational" will enable me to select the whole model.

But what i needed to know is "Is there a way to select all columns/dimensions with above "Treat SAP Hana as a relational" enabled ?

*I did figure out one way to make multiple selections and i.e "Select first column and the press "Shift & page Down"" this selects all the columns visible on ur screen and if u have more number of columns continue to do the same

Regards,

Aslan

Microsoft v-jiascu-msft
Microsoft

Hi Aslan,

That's a fantastic method. Thanks for sharing. I would suggest you create an idea here for the feature selecting all the tables.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors