Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aslan-R
Frequent Visitor

Select All Option While importing columns from the datasource

Hi Team,

Im connecting to a Calculation View on Hana Database and have enabled "Treat SAP Hana as a relational source" in option sin PowerBi desktop.

While browsing the hana objects, I want to select all the columns on a particular view,

Isn't there way to "Select All" all the dataitems under a cube instead selecting all of them individually. I have got more than 180 columns.

2018-05-08_21-34-36.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aslan-R,

Please deselect the option "Treat SAP Hana as a relational source". Then you can select a whole model.

Select_All_Option_While_importing_columns_from_the_datasource

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi v-jiascu-msft

Thanks for your reply.

Yes deselecting "Treat SAP Hana as a relational" will enable me to select the whole model.

But what i needed to know is "Is there a way to select all columns/dimensions with above "Treat SAP Hana as a relational" enabled ?

*I did figure out one way to make multiple selections and i.e "Select first column and the press "Shift & page Down"" this selects all the columns visible on ur screen and if u have more number of columns continue to do the same

Regards,

Aslan

Hi Aslan,

That's a fantastic method. Thanks for sharing. I would suggest you create an idea here for the feature selecting all the tables.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.