cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jayjani Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Select All Filter

Hello,

I am using Power BI's slicer to filter my data. However, the "Select All" feature simply doesn't work. Moreover, once I click on Select All, it messes up my selection and clicking on any other cell in slicer doesn't produce correct result. Once, I turn off "Select All", everything is fine.

Is there any way I can get the "Select All" feature working properly? I don't wan to manually click on each cell to fetch all the data. I also tried other customer filters such as Smart Filter by OkViz but that doesn't serve the purpose as well.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Select All Filter

@jayjani 

When clicking "Select All" the first time, does it work?

After clicking "Select All" once, if you do not click "Select All" again to turn it off, immediately clicking one slicer filter will not single select that one slicer filter (as one would expect). Instead, it deselects that slicer filter. So say you click "Select All" once and everything is good. You then click your slicer filter "Alpharetta" thinking it will show you only the data for "Alpharetta" when reallly it is showing all of the data for all slicer filters EXCEPT for "Alpharetta." It may be easier to see if your slicer is set to a list with checkmark boxes.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's something that can be changed. It probably acts this way since they assume if single select is on, why would you need to select all? Sort of a bummer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayjani 

When clicking "Select All" the first time, does it work?

After clicking "Select All" once, if you do not click "Select All" again to turn it off, immediately clicking one slicer filter will not single select that one slicer filter (as one would expect). Instead, it deselects that slicer filter. So say you click "Select All" once and everything is good. You then click your slicer filter "Alpharetta" thinking it will show you only the data for "Alpharetta" when reallly it is showing all of the data for all slicer filters EXCEPT for "Alpharetta." It may be easier to see if your slicer is set to a list with checkmark boxes.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's something that can be changed. It probably acts this way since they assume if single select is on, why would you need to select all? Sort of a bummer.

View solution in original post

jayjani Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Haha. Got it. Thank you so much. There are so many simple things that aren't provided in Power BI. Hopefully, we will have these fuctionalities sorted out soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Given Badges Coming

New Kudos Given Badges Coming

We're rolling out new Kudos Given badges. Find out how many Kudos you've given.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,850)