Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jayjani
Helper I
Helper I

Select All Filter

Hello,

I am using Power BI's slicer to filter my data. However, the "Select All" feature simply doesn't work. Moreover, once I click on Select All, it messes up my selection and clicking on any other cell in slicer doesn't produce correct result. Once, I turn off "Select All", everything is fine.

Is there any way I can get the "Select All" feature working properly? I don't wan to manually click on each cell to fetch all the data. I also tried other customer filters such as Smart Filter by OkViz but that doesn't serve the purpose as well.

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayjani 

When clicking "Select All" the first time, does it work?

After clicking "Select All" once, if you do not click "Select All" again to turn it off, immediately clicking one slicer filter will not single select that one slicer filter (as one would expect). Instead, it deselects that slicer filter. So say you click "Select All" once and everything is good. You then click your slicer filter "Alpharetta" thinking it will show you only the data for "Alpharetta" when reallly it is showing all of the data for all slicer filters EXCEPT for "Alpharetta." It may be easier to see if your slicer is set to a list with checkmark boxes.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's something that can be changed. It probably acts this way since they assume if single select is on, why would you need to select all? Sort of a bummer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jayjani 

When clicking "Select All" the first time, does it work?

After clicking "Select All" once, if you do not click "Select All" again to turn it off, immediately clicking one slicer filter will not single select that one slicer filter (as one would expect). Instead, it deselects that slicer filter. So say you click "Select All" once and everything is good. You then click your slicer filter "Alpharetta" thinking it will show you only the data for "Alpharetta" when reallly it is showing all of the data for all slicer filters EXCEPT for "Alpharetta." It may be easier to see if your slicer is set to a list with checkmark boxes.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's something that can be changed. It probably acts this way since they assume if single select is on, why would you need to select all? Sort of a bummer.

Haha. Got it. Thank you so much. There are so many simple things that aren't provided in Power BI. Hopefully, we will have these fuctionalities sorted out soon.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.