Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Select ALL in slicer is not giving any results when ISFILTERED function is used

Hi Team,

Please help me with the below issue . 

I have been asked to generate nothing in charts ( Blank charts with just a structure) until and unless filter values are selected from Slicers . I have gone through some of the posts in community and created a measure using "ISFILTERED" function . 

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED(my Column name),BLANK(),50)  .

I inserted this measure in Visual filters and applied a filter condition - "Measure" is blank and applied . 

Its working accurately . However, SELECT ALL in slicer is behaving weird and not working as expected .  When I dont select anything and SELECT ALL are working in same way . But that is not expected from Select ALL as per its basic functionality . 

Below shown is the screen shot which shows that I have selected all in slicer ,but it still didnt captured any data in chart. 

SelectAll_not retreiving any results.PNG

Kindly Assist . 

Thanks

Venks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you fine the solution for your issue ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

This is the expected behavior. When you do select all, its equivalent to NO filter and hence as per your Measure formula/ visual filter , the chart is blank.

Thanks
Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for Quick response Raj ! 

But,Is there a way to bring up the SELECT ALL instead of manually selecting my values from Slicer ? 

I do not want to go away from the functionality to generate data in charts until filters are applied. At the same time,I want some thing like SELECT ALL which should give all data upon selecting SELECT ALL option . 

Please assist . 

Venks 

Hi @Anonymous

ISFILTERED function can't distinguish the difference between allselect and unselect

I would recommend you to submit an idea here.

Best Regards

Maggie

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.