Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin11
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Seek help on why suddenly i need go to advance editor to remove load 2 field , then i can refresh ?

Hi All,

I have one PBI file which is working fine for last 2 year , recently unable to refresh since last 1 week.

It take me a lot of time to find out the cause of the problem. why unable to refresh ? 

Each time i refresh i will get below error :-

admin11_0-1653701250804.png

Then i go to PQ editor , after wait for a while to refresh , the error display below :-

admin11_1-1653701442320.png

I realise the error is cause by PBI last 2 week not load all the field , the last field it load Bill To Country Code.

admin11_2-1653701999200.png

Below is my Raw data field , it refuse to load last 2 field name ( Stop load from Bill To Country Code ) :-

admin11_3-1653702171347.png

When i go to advance editor , i edit the script by remove those last 2 field name , now my PBI can refresh :-

admin11_4-1653702393528.png

So now i seek the expert advise what are the reasons can cause the above issue ?

Hope some one can give me advise. So that when this issue happen again , i know how to sovle it. As this issue will cause another issue , that is this table append to another table. and cause my whole PBI report not working. 

Remark :-

1. Raw data i never add or remove field for last 2 year. Meaning not cause by raw data i put at sharePoint.

2. Why when i edit the script by remove load last 2 field , then it work ? In the first place why suddenly it refuse to load all the field ? that cause i need to edit the script.

3.When i create a new PBI file , i load file by sharepoint , and i confirm i can load all field. ( I refer to able to load the last 2 field name ) , why out of sudden my PBI suddenly refuse to load last 2 field ? 

Paul

2 REPLIES 2

What is the format of your source data?  Is it CSV?  When you first load a csv, it hard codes the number of columns into the load step. If the number of columns changes later, they won't get picked up later. I suggest you click on the step before the load csv step, then load the csv again. This should retrigger the correct number of columns. Remove the old csv load step. 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

@MattAllington 

Thank you for reply my post , appreciate very much. 

I have follow your step , it work , it can manage to load all the field. 

The above approach is same as i remove the script on not loading last 2 field name. Which i am still not able to know why this happen ? ( As it will need to append the SALES_I table with SALE , i need to manually rename SALES_I field name same as SALES in order to append ). Hope you can other advise to me ?

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.